..all because two people fell in love..

Thursday, February 3, 2011

19 weeks

Today I am 19 weeks. I am 21 weeks away from my due date.

How Far Along: 19 weeks


Baby is now the size of a mango!


Vernix caseosa, a greasy white substance made of lanugo, oil, and dead skin cells (yum) now coats baby's skin, shielding it from the amniotic fluid. (Picture yourself after a nine-month bath, and the need for protection makes sense.) You might get to see the vernix at birth, especially if baby is premature.





Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have gained about 10 lbs so far. Not too bad for being almost half way!


Gender: We go for the "big ultrasound" on Monday, Feb 7! :) We are doing the sex party idea I mentioned a few blogs ago. Sooo excited!!!


Movement: I have definitely started feeling the baby move. I feel several thumps throughout the day. Especially, if my pants are a little too snug ;) Can't wait for Shane to feel the baby move.


What I miss: Being able to enjoy a cold beer on a warm afternoon, like we had this past Sunday!! But it is well worth the wait!!!!

Sleep: Sleeping good for the most part. Shane's mom gave us her sleep number bed and it has helped me sleep so much. If only it would magically allow me to hold my pee until the alarm goes off ;)

Symptoms: Starting to have a little more indigestion that I've been having. I may need to start taking my Zantac twice a day.

Notes: Mom and I went shopping this past week and I officially bought my FIRST pair of maternity jeans. I swear, they were like slipping into pajamas. And yes, I did change into them in the car immediately after buying them. Mom also has been going crazy buying girl clothes b/c they "are too cute and too cheap not to" from old navy clearance (with an additional 30% everything in the store including clearance). I hope it's a girl or we will have alot of returning to do!

"To-do" items:

- Clean out & repaint the guest bedroom in preparation for the little munchkin :)
- Prepare for our upcoming "sex party"


Cravings: Juice, blueberry muffins, frosted flakes.


Best Moments this week: Knowing without a doubt that the movements I am feeling in my belly are from the baby.

What we are looking forward to: Finding out what baby Brax is on Feb 7!!


And here is what I'm looking like:

No comments:

Post a Comment