..all because two people fell in love..

Monday, January 24, 2011

17 weeks!

Today I am 17 weeks, 4 days. I am 22 weeks, 3 days away from my due date.




How Far Along: 17 weeks!

Baby is now the size of an onion!


Baby's skeleton is hardening, changing from rubbery cartilage to bone, and fat is finally accumulating around it. His umbilical cord is getting thicker and stronger, and those little fingers and toes now feature one-of-a-kind prints.

Size of baby: 
5.1 in, 5.9 oz






Total Weight Gain/Loss: I have gained about 7 lbs so far. Just hit the 130's this morning. 


Gender: We go for the "big ultrasound" 2 weeks from today! :)


Movement: I'm still unsure if what I am feeling is gas/normal stomach movement or the little one moving around. I'm sure it will get easier to determine in the next few weeks. 


What I miss: Being able to button ALL of my jeans. I have one pair that I can still button but normally don't!!


Sleep: Sleeping good for the most part. I get up to pee several times during the night. I know Shane is not resting at all, poor thing!


Symptoms: The last week my belly has really started to pop out and I am feeling the muscles pulling to help support such a growing bulge.


Notes: Last doctor's appt went really well. Just routine checks; urine, fetal heart tones (150s). Next appt Feb 7.


"To-do" items:
- Clean out & repaint the guest bedroom in preparation for the little munchkin :)



Cravings: Kool-aid, strawberry jello and strawberry popcicles, peaches.


Best Moments this week: Lying in bed first thing in the morning and having Shane rub my belly to see how much the baby has grown since the previous morning.


What we are looking forward to: Our upcoming doctor's appt on Feb 7.


And here is how I'm looking:


No comments:

Post a Comment